There is lots of news this week.
It started with me being interviewed by Canadian travel Baxter Media about what it’s like to be a travel advisor right now. https://travelcourier.ca/hows-it-going-really/ The craziness of the workload in ensuring all my travelling clients are entering, transiting, testing, proving their vaccination status, enjoying (the most important part), and then returning home safely has been wild. I can’t wait for things to settle down a little. But – the great news is that my clients are travelling again.
There are a few big pieces of news this week – especially from the US for Canadian travellers.
1.) The U.S. is to open their border to fully vaccinated travellers starting November 8th – see the news article here https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-canada-border-november-8-1.6212093
2.) The U.S. confirms it will accept Canadian travellers with mixed vaccines – see the news article here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-canadian-travellers-mixed-vaccines-1.6213176
This is great news for a lot of my clients who like to vacation in the states, especially snowbirds and clients who like to cruise on US cruise lines. We’re re-opening!
Of course, there’s more news around the world too.
- Chile and Argentina are re-opening on November 1st – and other countries are re-opening to fully vaxxed passengers too. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/countries-open-fully-vaccinated-travelers-170300131.html
- Singapore air open to US and Can Oct.19th with vax travel lanes https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/vaccinated-travel-lanes/ (although it appears there are some wrinkles with Canadians not being able to use the app – hopefully that will get fixed up shortly).
- Los Angeles greenlights a vaccine passport https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-greenlights-vaccine-passport-among-strictest-in-us
- Canada Announces Vaccine Mandate for Air, Rail and Cruise Travelers https://www.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/canada-announces-vaccine-mandate-for-air-rail-and-cruise-travelers.html
- And in the US, the rules keep changing, with the CDC adding Six New Destinations to Level 4 Travel List https://www.travelmarketreport.com/Destinations/articles/CDC-Adds-Six-New-Destinations-to-Level-4-Travel-List
It’s the re-opening! But – make sure you work with a travel advisor to know that you’re on the right track!