When you travel this year, you have to pack your patience.
Pilot shortages, limited ground crew, other staff shortages, cancelled flights and schedule changes, etc. have added to the normal travel stressors we know from pre-pandemic.
Travel is a little bit more complicated now.
And that’s before we factor in the bizarre weather challenges, war in Ukraine, skyrocketing fuel costs and inflation.
Now too, the summer strikes are starting in Europe with rail and taxi disruptions in the UK, France, and Italy.
If you are travelling this summer, more than likely, you will experience delays.
Even more than likely, you will be travelling with crowds. The planes will be full.
And you will experience long lines.
Especially in Europe.
Lots of lines.
1. Pack your patience
2. Travel with a carry on suitcase only
3. Travel at least 2 days prior to any cruise or booked tour – or any wedding or celebration
4. Pack snacks, and have fully charged battery packs.
5. Bring earphones (both iPods and old- style one Jack plane ones), as well as lots of wipes and masks.
6. Dress for delays, and cooler air conditioning on planes or airports – have a sweater or shawl, and eye masks too.
7. Do not freak out at airport or train attendants trying to help you. You’ll get much further with honey than vinegar.
8. Book your travel with a travel advisor. We can’t control the delays, schedule changes or cancellations, or long lines – but we can help if you’re stuck, and advocate for you.
Here are some recent articles:
Have a look at these two facebook posts that colleagues of mine have recently shared – just to let you know what you need to prepare for
- Travel advisor professional Sarah Elisabeth Johnson shares a post https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10107816889108438&set=a.783445601648
- Travel advisor professional Sonya Thomas shares flight attendant’s Kristie Koerbel post https://www.facebook.com/sonya.thomas2/posts/pfbid06HjoupK47TtRxDHZCcA9Mh5QPd6H5mDY3p3MxDGpcWA4u8TcbvMv9u13tiZGgSAfl
- Travel advisor professional Trish Gastineau shares some posts https://www.facebook.com/trish.gastineau/posts/pfbid025nNGs5GEDmBJ51ybH5s3yzEJjb8HB2xGNVApBnhdLBSudWPLs2tJLVbfe1QbTHVzl and https://www.facebook.com/trish.gastineau/posts/pfbid0Dyyh1gPnryWn6tn6wY3b2TNMK9cDsGZsakwRnmYBzHWEwSyQTXM4PjZyaJK8Dhtcl
and here are some updated news articles that I’ve added to this earlier post on July 7th. (I’ve been sharing these news articles and facebook posts with my clients, and it’s easier to put all together in one post for ease of sharing.)
Work with a travel advisor when you travel.
And – let me know if you’d like to arrange a consultation.